Monday, April 8, 2013

Reconnect

Yesterday was conference and Sister Rosemary Wixom gave a wonderful talk about raising a family. One quote I was particularly drawn to was:
"Why not choose a time each day to disconnect from technology and reconnect with your children?"
This wasn't the only time in conference where a person talked about the effects of technology on the home. I thought about this, even before conference. I really had to refocus when Keagan was born. I found myself on Facebook and Pinterest nearly constantly back in the day, but I have tried to make a concious effort to not be when Keagan is awake. I actually think I have done pretty well! It's my rule: no Facebook or Pinterest (or even homework) when Keagan is awake. I want him to have all my attention. I save it all for when he goes to bed at night. And I have actually liked it a lot, it's nice to not feel so commited to the computer. I may get on the internet every once in a while during his naps (but usually I am to busy running around trying to get things done) but I think about this rule everyday. After all, nothing is better than spending my day with my little man :]

No comments:

Post a Comment

History

Powered by Blogger.