Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Learning To Cook

I need to learn how to cook all over again! Let me explain.. see. Jordan and I have our new schedules all figured out for when the baby comes. We had to figure out a way so that Jordan could still go to work and school, AND I could still go to school too. We are both really against day care because WE want to be the ones that raise our boy, and quite frankly, we don't want to miss anything! All of the pieces fell into place, and we feel very blessed. Jordan will go to work in the morning and be done by 3 o clock. I switched my cohort to the night one, so at 3 we will switch places and I'll go to school. Jord will stay home with Keagan and his classes are online through Weber so he can do his schooling then from our home. Lucky how that all worked out huh? But what I'm trying to say by this post is that I wont get home at night until 7 or 8. By that time, it will be about time to give baby a bath and put him to bed. Basically what I'm saying is.... I'm not gonna have time to cook! Nor am I probably going to want to after a 5 hour school shift. So I'm going to have to learn how to cook all over again, and thank goodness for Pinterest! See, I'm compiling my own personal cookbook of freezer meals, throw-and-go, and casserole dishes meals. All of these dinners have the ending goal of putting it in before I leave, and having it ready for when I come home. Plus, this way, Jordan wont have to wait for me if he's starving, he can just eat when he's ready. This way, I can still be a good wife and take care of my hubby, and still be mega busy. I think that organization is the key. I'm just starting to compile recipes, so I'll be able to plan a two week period of meals at a time. I'll keep you updated on how this goes! I've been trying out some new recipes, last night was a good one! I tried a throw-and-go meal (a meal that you put in the crockpot, but you can't freeze it a head of time) and it only has 3 ingredients!! Please allow me to share :]

Creamy Ranch Porkchops
-porkchops
-2 cans of cream of chicken soup
-ranch seasoning packet
----Put all in the crockpot and cook on low for 4-6 hours. Serve with mashed potatoes and use the leftover soup as gravy! Seriously sooo good and sooo easy! :]

There is more to come, and if you have a favorite easy crockpot recipe...please let me know!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

History

Powered by Blogger.