Sunday, May 6, 2012

Test Results

I finally went last Wednesday and had my doctors appointment! I had my glucose test, which wasn't as bad as I expected. I had to drink this orange flavored water stuff...basically the best way I can describe it is orange flavored really sugary water. Like..more sugar than flavor. So that was kinda gross but I just chugged it as fast as I could. Then an hour later, they took my blood, took my blood pressure, and weighed me. Since my pregnancy started, I have now gained 22 pounds. Kinda sad that he's only 3 pounds of that. lol But I met with Dr. Skinner and heard Keagan's little heartbeat and everything was ok. He said that my tailbone is probably exactly what I thought it was (not broken, but pulled out of place) and my headaches aren't from high blood pressure, so it must just be the new heat.
I had to get my Rhogam shot, but the clinic doesn't give them so I had to go to the hospital and get it. So I went the next day and found out that they needed another blood test before they could give me a shot. So they took another sample, and told me to come back tomorrow. Soooo...I came back Friday morning to finally get my shot, and to make a long story short, the nice nurse had to give it to me in the hip which hurt way bad. Then she told me I had to wait in the lobby for 20 minutes to make sure that I didn't have any side effects. So I was in the lobby for about 10 minutes and a nurse came and sat next to me with a bunch of paperwork and I instantly panic and think, "Oh crap, they gave me the wrong shot!" Well, she proceeds to explain that when the nurse was pulling out my shot needle from my hip, she poked herself with it. So it's standard procedure to ask the patient if they will donate a vile of blood to do HIV testing with. She asked me if I would, and I thought Heck why not?! I've already had it taken twice in the last two days, why not make it three? :] But they were so nice about it and apologetic. They even gave me two free movie passes for my troubles. lol So this is the first time in forever since I can honestly say I paid for a date all by myself! :]
But anyways, my glucose came back negative :] which is a relief. And everything is good so far! I just feel big and heavy! My patience is running thin...I just can't wait for my little boy to be here! I'm SO EXCITED to be a mom!! :]

No comments:

Post a Comment

History

Powered by Blogger.