Friday, October 5, 2012

After Birth

After Keagan was born, the family came in and took a bunch of pictures and said their Congrats. Then it was time for him to go get bathed and for me to move down a floor to Mom and Baby. When they put him in his cart and wheeled him out the door, I wanted to stand up and run after him. I felt like they were ripping a little piece of my heart, I didn't want to let him out of my sight. But Jordan went with him and gave him his first sponge bath and did whatever else it is you do when they take them to the nursery. By the time we got to my room, I was completely starved! My parents left at about 1 and then I was on my own. I just laid in bed and tried to sleep, which was difficult. Finally Jordan came in and said that the baby was going to sleep in the Nursery tonight so I could get some sleep. Reluctantly, I dozzed off thinking of the craziness that had just happened.

Later that night (or morning I guess) I had my first experience of "checking your bleeding." The nurse came in and kneaded my stomach and it made me sick how much blood came out. It felt like I had broken my water again, it just gushed. And to think it was blood, wasnt exactly a good feeling. All the time the nurses came in and out, Jordan was passed out on the little couch. lol He didn't wake up once. After, I woke up that morning with the nurse bringing in my little boy. I fed him, and held him, and just enjoyed his company. He is such a good baby! He just laid there and hung out. We had plenty of visitors in the span of the 1 and 1/2 days we were in Mom and Baby. We loved seeing everyone, it was such an exciting time in our lives.

I remember the first time he started to be fussy. My blood pressure rose sky high. It was the most horrible feeling in the world to hear him just whimper let alone cry. And I instantly prayed that I would be a good mom and could just magically know what to do to soothe him. Sometimes it worked, sometimes it didn't. When I got up to walk for the first time was quite the experience. It felt like someone had cut all my stomach muscles, like they were jello. You don't realize until that moment exactly how much you use your abs. Seriously, for everything! I wiggled my way to the edge of the bed, and couldn't go from sitting to a standing position. Jordan had to help me up. And walking for the first time? haha more like an inch by inch waddle. Funny(and in a strange sense) fun memories. All the clothes I brought for Keagan were way too big, and a newborn diaper seemed to drown him. His dad bought him some BYU socks that he sported basically the whole time he was in the hospital. lol One proud dad.

I decided I wanted to get out of the hospital as soon as possible, so when Dr. Warner came in Sunday morning to do my check up and told me that I was good to go anytime today, I said I'll start packin :] The only thing wrong was that Keagan didn't pass any of his hearing tests, which of course, got me all worried! (a week later, we came back to try it again and he passed with flying colors.) I remember the nurse came in to do our release papers and she was so rude! lol This was my first fired-up moment as a mom. lol I was holding Keagan and the nurse was going through all the information and Keagan farts. And I mean, did he ever fart! Like so loud. I look down at him in shock that THAT could come out of such a tiny man. Well we kinda giggled about it, and the nurse just glares at me and Keagan. Then she continues on and he does it again. And she starts again and he decides he has one more to show. By that time, she was mad? for some reason, and told me that that was not normal and I needed to talk to my doctor about it. Well...I told her thanks for her opinion. And after she left, I was So Mad! Try to tell a new mom that her baby isn't perfect, I dare ya.

Then we got Keagan into his carseat and he Hated It! He cried and cried and cried. And I was completely freaking out. lol The nurse wheeled us to our car and we took the drive home with Jordan driving, my mom in the front seat, and me sitting in the back never taking my eyes off my little man.

No comments:

Post a Comment

History

Powered by Blogger.