Friday, October 5, 2012

Our First Time Home

When we got home, we busted out the video camera and had to show Keagan his new home. We got him out of his carseat and went into every room explaining what would happen in this room. lol "This is where your going to have tub time." "This is where we keep your food." "And this is your room, I hope you like it!" It was fun, and unreal, to have him home after all the waiting! Keagan was a pretty good sleeper at first. My mom kept telling me to go take a nap when he was sleeping, but I couldn't. I just couldn't, I had to be with him constantly. I had to be watching him like a hawk. Even if I did go lay down, falling asleep was no use. I just laid awake and thought about him. I recovered pretty well. I didn't take any of the strong pain meds the doctor gave me, just some tylenol. I didn't really hurt, it just was uncomfortable sometimes. But Keagan took my mind off of it 99% of the time. lol

Later that night, Keagan had his first tub time with us. I didn't know what to do, I just knew that we couldn't get his belly button wet. Luckily, Dad stepped in and took charge because he had "done this before." lol! Well, Keagan hated it. To say the least, he screamed and screamed and shivered. It broke my heart!! Keagan didn't sleep at nights when he was first born. It took him until he was about a month and a half before he figured out his nights and days. He was all mixed up, and it was really hard on all of us. The first night he was home, he just cried. So what did I do? Everything, and I cried too. Finally, when he got to sleep I just came in, sat on the couch, and hysterically cried. Bless my mom's heart for being so kind and supportive! I don't know what I would have done without her!! She calmed me down and I went to bed. But just for a few hours. My emotions were spiked. lol

 Seriously? BEAUTIFUL baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment

History

Powered by Blogger.